Welcome to Utility Mapping Training School!
The Industry's #1 Online GIS Training Program for Utility Locators, Surveyors, & Engineers
This training includes:
- Utility Mapping Basic Training
- Utility Mapping Bootcamp
- Advanced Utility Mapping
- Utility Mapping Special Projects
Don't hesitate any longer, enroll and start learning!
Why You Should Take This Course
Our lectures are given by highly-qualified and certified GIS professionals with extensive GIS & Utility Mapping training and experience.
- This course gives you the absolute best online, instructional, and hands-on experience.
- Students use the latest and greatest industry-leading mobile GPS, GIS, and AR technology.
- Gain exposure to the most advanced & affordable GIS implementation strategies & tools.
About This Course
This instructional course teaches students how to map and manage utility data using advanced GIS technology. Master the process of converting GPS files to GIS datasets using desktop software, and then build 3D web-based mapping applications to access and share utility maps and data online in a secure and private cloud GIS environment.
This utility mapping training offers a workflow to transform your utility mapping services and deliverables. This training will walk your team through a sample project to collect high accuracy GPS data using mobile apps and an external GPS/GNSS receiver, import GPS data into free desktop GIS software, digitize and map utilities, organize data for cloud GIS software, create 3D visualizations and web-based mobile mapping applications, and integrate data with Augmented Reality software to visualize utilities in AR on your smartphone, in the field.
This is a complete step-by-step guide which includes:
- 10 Total Hours of Instructional How-To Videos
- 60 Individual & Instructional Video Tutorials
- 100+ GIS Core Competencies Covered
- Sample GPS and GIS data files
- Preconfigured GIS map files
- Practical lesson assignments
- 24x7 learner assistance and support
- Centerline Mapping Alumni Association
- Lifetime access to high-quality e-learning content
- Certificate of Completion
No prior utility mapping or GIS experience is necessary.
- Students should have 0 - 10+ years experience with Utilities, GPS, GIS, GPR, & CAD.
- Students should be familiar with various data formats: KML, CSV, Shapefiles, DXF, DWG, CAD.
- Students should be eager to learn how to map and manage critical utility data for improving as-builts.
Who This Course Is For?
Utility Locators, GPR Technicians, CAD Drafters, Surveyors, GIS Technicians, GIS Analysts, Utility Engineers, Directional Drillers, high school students, and college students.
This course is meant for those looking for hands-on experience mapping utilities using mobile and web-based GIS, GPS, Pipe Locators, and Augmented Reality.
This course is great for students interested in sharpening their GIS, utility mapping, and data management skills.
This course is perfect for surveying, utility locating, and SUE firms that want to expand their deliverables and stand apart from competition by offering GIS as a service.
Anyone interested in learning how to map underground utilities using GIS.
All GPS, GIS, and AR software used in this training is either free and open source, or offers free trials.